II. WHO ARE WE
MDR Public Affairs is a Canadian-based social enterprise that provides strategic communications and media monitoring services to organizations that improve access to education and those committed to building safer, healthier, and greener communities. MDR Public Affairs also serves the Canadian regulatory sector by overseeing a suite of digital marketing platforms to support and promote their
consumer protection mandate.
IV. TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
If necessary, we will collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that enables MDR Public Affairs to identify or contact you (“Personal Data”) to carry out its business purposes. MDR Public Affairs collects this information for a variety of business reasons, including but not limited to, contacting us for service, sharing employment opportunities on regulatoryjobs.ca, subscribing to our newsletters, magazines, and other literature, and improving our service delivery.
The types of Personal Data we collect include, but are not limited to:
- General data (business addresses, email addresses, Internet protocol addresses, and mobile/landline business/personal telephone numbers that are provided by
- Professional data (post-nominals and other distinctions)
- Other identification information (e.g., photographs)
We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that does not directly identify you as you interact with our online website (“Non-Personal Data”). The typesof Non-Personal Data we collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Site usage (e.g., browsing history, search terms, number of clicks, referring/exit pages, date/time stamp, time on Site)
- Computer type, operating system, and platform type
- Internet service provider
- Your industry and business (e.g., company size and location, job functions and seniority levels)
V. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
In addition to the uses described above, we use your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the uses described below:
- Respond to your emails or online requests for information
- Deliver and process newsletters and surveys
- Personalize and improve the usability of the website
- Tailor content, advertising, and marketing to you
- Publish membership directories, membership lists, and registration lists on the website and in print and digital media.
We use Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our website and for other business reasons.
We restrict access to Personal Data to certain companies who need the data to operate, develop, or improve our services.
VI. HOW WE SHARE YOUR DATA
We share your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below:
- Share data with third parties to fulfill service requests and to perform business functions (e.g., MDR Public Affairs contracts with third parties to provide services on our behalf such as data hosting services; packaging, mailing, and delivering services; customer support and consulting services; and event registration services).
- Share data with third parties as required by law or to protect MDR Public Affairs in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary too protect and defend MDR Public Affairs’ rights or property or protect the personal safety of MDR Public Affairs personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances.
- share data with third parties if MDR Public Affairs and/or its assets (or a portion of its assets) are sold, assigned, transferred, or merged, or if MDR Public Affairs undergoes some other change including a change to its corporate form as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or otherwise; information may be transferred as part of that transaction or change.
- Share Non-Personal data with third parties under other unanticipated situations, but only with your consent.At no time will MDR Public Affairs sell or share your data to third-party entities for financial gain to benefit a third-party financially.
VII. HOW YOU CAN MANAGE THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA
You can manage your profile and email preferences, including “opting out” of receiving emails by following the links on our websites where subscribing to emails is possible.
Our processing of your data is based upon your consent, contract performance (e.g., your partnership sign-up/renewal), legitimate business interest or compliance with law. You have the right to object to our processing of your data or to restrict our processing of your data. In addition, if you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
VIII. CANADA ANTI-SPAM LAW
MDR Public Affairs info complies with the Canada Anti-Spam Law (CASL). Non-consumerprotection.info members or associates who provide us a Canadian mailing address will not receive unauthorized Commercial Electronic Messages (as defined under the Canada Anti-Spam Law) unless these individuals have “opted-in” to receive Commercial Electronic Messages. For more information on the Canada Anti-Spam Law, click here.
IX. HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA
MDR Public Affairs implements commercially reasonable security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. We restrict access to Personal Data to certain companies who need the data to operate, develop, or improve our services. These individuals or
partner organizations are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or electronic storage is fully secure. Accordingly, and despite our reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, consumerprotection.info cannot guarantee or warrant the security of the Personal Data you transmit to us, or to or from our online website.
X. LINKING TO OTHER INTERNET WEBSITES
When you select an external link that takes you to a website not owned and operated by MDR Public Affairs, you may be subject to the privacy policies of this third-party website and MDR Public Affairs bears no responsibility for that action.